In order to bring awareness to the condition of underprivileged children throughout the U.S., WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 27 key measures of neediness. The data set ranges from share of children in households with below-poverty income to child food-insecurity rate to share of maltreated children.
Welfare of Children in South Carolina (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 9th – % of Children in Households with Below-Poverty Income
- 6th – % of Maltreated Children
- 24th – % of Uninsured Children
- 12th – Infant Mortality Rate
- 5th – % of Children in Single-Parent Families
- 16th – WalletHub “States that are Recovering the Quickest from COVID-19” Score
To see the full report, click here.
Sea Life by Starlight Returns to the South Carolina Aquarium on December 9th
The South Carolina Aquarium will host Supernova Sea Life by Starlight on December 9th from 8 pm to 11 pm....