To determine the most ideal places in the U.S. for parents and their newborns, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 31 key measures of cost, health care accessibility and baby-friendliness. The data set ranges from hospital conventional-delivery charges to annual average infant-care costs to pediatricians per capita.
Having a Baby in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 28th – Hospital Cesarean-Delivery Charges
- 25th – Hospital Conventional-Delivery Charges
- 40th – Infant Mortality Rate
- 46th – Rate of Low Birth-Weight
- 50th – Midwives & OB-GYNs per Capita
- 18th – Pediatricians & Family Medicine Physicians per Capita
- 22nd – Child-Care Centers per Capita
- 38th – Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 23rd – Positive COVID-19 Testing Rate in the Past Week
To see the full report, click here.
Inaugural CF Bites Event to Benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Press Release Help make CF stand for Cure Found by attending a Halloween themed party filled with dancing and spirits...