Fetter Health Care Network (Fetter) announced it will be taking part in National Health Center Week from August 8th through 14th, a national celebration for community health centers in the United States. Throughout the week, Fetter’s team will hold special celebrations honoring patients, community members, its staff, and more.
“Each year, we are honored to take part in National Health Center Week, emphasizing the importance of community health centers throughout our nation,” said Aretha R. Powers, DHA, CEO of Fetter. “From celebrating our patients to honoring our dedicated health care heroes, this week shines a light on the value of FQHCs here in the Lowcountry and beyond.”
This annual week-long event is hosted by the National Association of Community Health Centers and the Health Center Advocacy Network. The celebratory week seeks to raise awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers, featuring a different theme each day that recognizes the positive impact health centers bring to U.S. communities.
For this year’s celebration, Fetter will be hosting a variety of events and initiatives to commemorate each day:
- Sunday, August 8th – Public Health in Housing Day – Fetter is serving friends and neighbors in nearby public housing communities (9 am to 12 pm)
- Monday, August 9th – Healthcare for the Homeless Day – Exams and screenings will be provided through Fetter’s mobile care unit and its Case Management team will offer prizes, giveaways and health education opportunities (11 am to 3 pm)
- Tuesday, August 10th – Agricultural Worker Health Day – Fetter is serving migrant workers and families in the Colleton County area (4 to 7 pm)
- Wednesday, August 11th – Patient Appreciation Day – Patients will receive snacks, prizes and giveaways (12 to 1:30 pm)
- Thursday, August 12th – Stakeholder Appreciation Day – Fetter’s board of directors will be honored at each of its locations (12 to 1:30 pm)
- Friday, August 13th – Health Center Staff Appreciation Day – Team members will be recognized through certificates of appreciation, gifts and giveaways (12 to 2 pm)
- Saturday, August 14th – Children’s Health Day – Fetter will host a Back-to-School Bash at Gethsemani Community Center (2449 Beacon St. Charleston, SC) from 1 to 5 pm, featuring prizes, giveaways, food, COVID-19 vaccines, health exams and more.
“This year’s celebration will end with a community-wide event at Gethsemani Community Center,” said Powers. “Our Back-to-School Bash will be fun for families of all ages and we’ll be distributing school supplies, COVID-19 vaccines and offering other educational opportunities as we look forward to the school year.”
A large focus of National Health Center Week is emphasizing the value that community health centers bring to communities year-round, spanning beyond COVID-19 efforts.
“Many of our community members have come to recognize the Fetter name through our COVID-19 testing and vaccination efforts over the past year and a half,” said Dr. Powers. “It’s our honor to serve our community in this capacity throughout the pandemic. We also want our community members to know our services go far beyond COVID-19 and that we are your one-stop shop for all of your health care needs year-round.”
For more information on Fetter’s National Health Center Week’s efforts, follow along on the organization’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. To learn more about Fetter’s health care services, visit FetterHealthCare.org.
Charleston Moves’ 6th Annual Pedal & Panache Set for November 3rd
Press Release Charleston Moves’ Pedal & Panache event is back this year for the 6th annual celebration! Presented by Bike...