Here’s a look at the schedule (with descriptions provided by :
- French Twist
- October 22-24, 2021
- Palmetto City Ballet’s season opener debuts an exciting evening of original choreography, transporting you to a vintage European jazz lounge. Experience the plight of an emerging lounge performer and see how a Twist of fate can make or break a star on the rise. The stylized choreography by Artistic Director and choreographer Jonathan Tabbert melds with renowned French jazz composer Claude Bolling, to offer a tantalizing taste of Parisian night life.
- Snow Queen
- December 18-19, 2021
- Described by the Charleston City Paper as the “Alt-Nutcracker,” Palmetto City Ballet’s production of “The Snow Queen” returns just in time to celebrate the holiday season! Based on the classic fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, “The Snow Queen” follows the beautiful young Gerda on her journey to rescue her true love Kai from the Snow Queen’s ice palace filled with mischievous goblins and dancing snowflakes. With the help of a friendly and energetic Blackbird, Gerda meets the Spring Sorceress and her garden of magical flowers, the Summer Princess and her court of palace maidens, and the Autumn Gypsy Queen’s band of thieves. This whimsical production is brought to life with choreography by PCB artistic director, Jonathan Tabbert. The talented professional dancers of Palmetto City Ballet are joined by over 60 hand-picked young dancers from the Charleston community, with an original arranged score. Along with lavish stage designs, this production will delight all of your senses, and is sure to be a hit for the whole family! If your child was a fan of Frozen they will love the Snow Queen.
- March 5-6, 2022
- This performance is based on the original Brothers Grimm fairy tale and will also feature the original ballet score by Sergei Prokofiev. Join Cinderella as she endures a wonderous journey to discover that love can become magic, and magic can find true love. This whimsical and heart warming production is brought to life with expressively exquisite choreography by SC Arts Commission’s 2017 Fellowship winner, Jonathan Tabbert. The talented professional dancers of Palmetto City Ballet are joined by over 80 hand-picked young dancers from the greater Charleston community. This production will delight all your senses and is sure to be a hit for the whole family!
- Why Our Walls – Feature Film Premiere
- Information TBA
Tickets available soon at palmettocityballet.org.
First Black Food Truck Festival to Be Held at Patriots Point Next Month
On both Saturday, November 13th and Sunday, November 14th, the first Black Food Truck Festival will be held at Patriots...
Motherland Essentials Hosts Halloween Lane at Summerville Warehouse
Tickets Now on Sale for the 38th Annual Lowcountry Oyster Festival
Trey Kennedy to Perform at the Charleston Gaillard Center in January
College of Charleston Concert Choir to Present “Songs for Thanksgiving” Performance
Holy Smokes Lowcountry Barbecue Festival Announces VIP Chefs
New Muse Concerts to Present “Blueprint” at Multiple Charleston Venues
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized4 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News3 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie