This November, the inaugural Holy Smokes Lowcountry Barbecue Festival is bringing together an impressive line-up of pitmasters from across the country for an event celebrating the culture, history, and traditions of American barbecue.
The festival’s hosts—Aaron Siegel and Taylor Garrigan of Home Team BBQ, Anthony DiBernardo of Swig & Swine, and Robert F. Moss, the Contributing Barbecue Editor for Southern Living—created the festival. The event will give attendees the chance to sample a range of American barbecue from two dozen renowned pitmasters like Sam Jones, Chris Lilly, Rodney Scott, Jonathan & Justin Fox, Pat Martin, and John Lewis. You can see the full list of 2021 Holy Smokes pitmasters below.
The event will be held on Saturday, November 13th, from 11 am to 4 pm at The Bend in North Charleston (3775 Azalea Dr.).
A ticket to Holy Smokes Lowcountry Barbecue Festival gives you all-you-can-eat access to three barbecue villages. In the first you will taste whole hog barbecue prepared by a team of legendary pitmasters, including Sam Jones and Rodney Scott, who are known for their traditional all wood, direct heat style. In the next village, pitmasters like Leo Botello of Truth BBQ and John Lewis of Lewis BBQ will be smoking up an array of beef ribs, brisket, and other Texas-style specialties. The third village will feature new school barbecue, and cooks like Southern Soul chef Harrison Sapp, Jonathan & Justin Fox of Fox Bros, and the Home Team BBQ crew led by Aaron Siegel and Taylor Garrigan.
Presale tickets will go live at the end of August. Head to www.holysmokeschs.com to receive an alert email when tickets are available for purchase.
- General Admission Tickets – $95
- Includes food & entertainment
- Drinks available for purchase
- VIP – $200
- Includes all food/drinks, special VIP courses, and private bar
- Kids (7-to-13-year-olds) – $25
- 6-years-old and under are free
2021 Holy Smokes Pitmaster Line-Up:
- Michael Bessinger, Bessinger’s BBQ – South Carolina
- Chris Lilly, Big Bob Gibson BBQ – Alabama
- Ronnie Evans & Philip Moseley, Blue Oak BBQ – Louisiana
- Elliott Moss & Meherwan Irani, Buxton Hall – North Carolina
- Patrick Feges & Erin Smith, Feges BBQ – Texas
- Jonathan & Justin Fox, Fox Bros – Georgia
- Tank Jackson, Holy City Hogs – South Carolina
- Aaron Siegel & Taylor Garrigan, Home Team BBQ – South Carolina
- Billy Durney, Hometown BBQ – New York
- Cody Sperry, HooDoo Brown – Connecticut
- Evan Leroy, Leroy and Lewis BBQ – Texas
- John Lewis, Lewis BBQ – South Carolina
- Madison Ruckel, Mama Jean’s – Virginia
- Pat Martin, Martin’s Bar-B-Que – Tennessee
- Carey Bringle, Peg Leg Porker – Tennessee
- Rodney Scott, Rodney Scott’s BBQ – South Carolina
- Sam Jones, Sam Jones BBQ – North Carolina
- Harrison Sapp, Southern Soul – Georgia
- Anthony DiBernardo, Swig & Swine – South Carolina
- Leo Botello, Truth BBQ – Texas
- Matt Horn, Horn Barbecue – California
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...