Beginning July 17th, the Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA) Beach Reach Shuttle will stop at 14th Avenue and Ocean Boulevard on the Isle of Palms.
The new on-island Beach Reach stop is located near the Isle of Palms County Park, with convenient access to the beach and nearby restaurants and bathroom facilities. The new stop replaces the previous stop at 9th Avenue.
The change in on-island drop-off location does not affect current pickup service or connections to CARTA routes at Mount Pleasant Towne Center.
“The Beach Reach shuttle has been making waves and our goal is to continue to provide a fare-free service that connects residents of our region to the beach,” said CARTA Board of Directors Chairman Mike Seekings. “The new on-island stop will allow us to do that and will place riders closer to all of the great amenities Isle of Palms offers, including restaurants, shops, and restrooms.”
Landside Beach Reach parking will continue to be located along Market Center Boulevard in Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. The seasonal park-and-ride shuttle ties-in directly to the existing CARTA system at stop No. 715, a sheltered amenity located near the Belk Men’s store. Connections to Route 40 Mount Pleasant and Route 42 Wando Circulator will be available.
Beach Reach runs on Saturdays and Sundays through Sept. 6. Hours of operations are from 9:15 a.m. (first departure from Towne Centre) to 6:05 p.m. (final arrival at Towne Centre). The final departure from Isle of Palms is slated for 5:35 p.m.
Beach Reach will also operate Labor Day Monday.
The shuttle will continue to remain fare-free for all riders as part of the collaboration with the Town of Mount Pleasant and the City of Isle of Palms.
Full route details and bus tracking will be available in the Transit App, which can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play. Riders can also view traffic conditions and municipal information for all area beaches via the Beach Reach app, also available for download from the App Store and Google Play.
BEACH SHUTTLE POLICIES
- Masks or face coverings are required at all times while onboard CARTA vehicles.
- All drinks must be in a spill-proof container.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Limited bags and large items: Riders are allowed to bring up to four regular shopping-sized bags. All items must be able to be loaded onto the bus in a single trip.
- Bags and other items must be able to be held by riders or stowed safely beneath the seat. Items at NO TIME may block the aisle or prevent seats from being used by other passengers.
- NO large, bulky items allowed, including but not limited to: tents, large beach umbrellas, surfboards, etc. Items such as chairs, small umbrellas, boogie or body-boards are allowed but must adhere to other rules listed here.
- Coolers are welcome, but also must adhere to other rules listed here.
- Shoes/flip-flops, pants/shorts and a shirt are required while riding the bus. Cover-ups are also acceptable.
- If you or anyone in your party is wet, please have a towel or mat to sit on.
- Bikes should be placed on the bike rack in the front of the bus — bikes are not allowed on board the vehicle.
- No eating while on board. *You may drink from a spill proof cup while on board. (Reminder: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all CARTA vehicles).
- Children 6-and-under ride free with a paying adult. K-12 students ride free with 2020-2021 school year ID.
- Seniors 55-plus ride for $1.
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila to host Dia de los Muertos Event on November 1st
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila on James Island will host a Dia de los Muertos event on Monday, November 1st from...
City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs Announces City Gallery Exhibition, Prototype for a Landscape
Internet sensation Gogo Cuerva to Perform at Holy City Magic
The Midnight City to Perform at The Windjammer on Halloween
Charleston Horticultural Society Announces 20th Annual Fall Garden Tour
Moranz Entertainment Celebrates 26 Years of the Charleston Christmas Special
Lasagna Night at Post House Benefits Program to Help New Moms
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie