Connect with us


City of Charleston Recreation Department to Offer Free Meals this Summer



Press Release

The City of Charleston Recreation Department will be serving free meals to children this summer as part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program.

The free meals will be provided daily to all children 18 years old or younger from June 21st to August 6th, 2021 at the following sites between the hours of 11 am and 1 pm:

  • Arthur W. Christopher Community Center, 265 Fishburne Street
  • Deming Park, 1030 5th Avenue
  • Forest Park Playground, 780 Playground Road
  • Lenevar Playground, 1305 Lenevar Drive
  • Martin Park, 155 Jackson Street
  • Pink House, 1551 Mulberry Street
  • Shaw Community Center, 22 Mary Street
  • St. Julian Devine Community Center, 1 Cooper Street
  • Thomas Johnson Park, 1443 Secessionville Road
  • Willie Gaines Park, 1827 Taborwood Circle

Acceptance and participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and USDA civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Subscribe to HCS




HCS Sponsors



CHS Tour


Holy City Sinner