Today is World Bicycle Day, and the HVAC service team at LimRic Plumbing Heating & Air rallied together to assemble and repair hundreds of bikes for Charleston’s Second Chance Bikes, along with a $500 donation and several bike donations to the charity. The bikes will serve children and adults alike across the Charleston community.
“We selected Second Chance Bikes because we believe it’s important to mobilize individuals in our community. Oftentimes, people can’t get to work or school because they don’t have a means for transportation. We’re looking forward to the bike-friendly advancements that our city is making to accomodate people that don’t have access to vehicles. This is a small way that we can contribute, and hopefully influence others to do the same,” said David Miles, owner of LimRic Plumbing Heating & Air.
By putting a spotlight on World Bike Day, LimRic hopes to showcase the many benefits bicycles can provide our society and specifically individuals in our Charleston area communities:
- Provide children with a sense of independence and reprieve
- Provide children with access to school, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Provide adults with a means of transportation for employment opportunities and higher education
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and exercise
- Promote infrastructure acceptance of bikes to create a welcoming environment for individuals that rely on bikes instead of vehicles
- Reduce vehicle emissions on the road
The LimRic family is no stranger to serving the Charleston community. As a local service leader for more than 50 years, the company continuously volunteers in areas of the community that need help as part of their #LimRicPride mantra.
“At LimRic, we empower our team and community with what we like to call LimRic Pride. We involve all of our employees in volunteer efforts to inspire them to be future stewards of the community, while serving the needs of others,” added David Miles.