WalletHub recently released its study on 2021’s Best & Worst States for Military Retirees and South Carolina ranked as being the second best in the country. This is one spot higher than last year.
To help our troops plan their years after service, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 30 key indicators of retirement-friendliness toward veterans. The data set ranges from job opportunities for veterans to housing affordability to quality of VA hospitals.
Military Retirement in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 7th – Veterans per Capita
- 17th – % of Homeless Veterans
- 9th – Veteran Job Opportunities
- 24th – Housing Affordability
- 2nd – % of Veteran-Owned Businesses
- 9th – Number of VA Benefits-Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
- 7th – COVID-19 Positive Tests in the Past Week per Capita
To see the full report, click here.
The Refinery Announces October Event Lineup
The Refinery today announced its lineup of events coming up in October. Located on Charleston’s upper peninsula at 1640 Meeting...