Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated residents and employees while in County buildings with the exception of the Judicial Center and all courtrooms.
Residents and employees are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings while inside County buildings, however beginning Tuesday, May 18th, they will be optional for those who are fully vaccinated. The County will follow the Centers for Disease Control guidance for fully vaccinated residents.
Face coverings are still required in the Judicial Center and courtrooms under the order issued by Chief Justice Donald Beatty, South Carolina Judicial Department. Under the order, all persons employed in, conducting business in, or otherwise visiting or present for any reason in county and municipal courthouses statewide are required to wear a protective mask or other facial covering while inside the courthouse, subject to the following provisions:
- During courtroom proceedings, the judge may require the removal of masks or face coverings for a brief period of time for the fair presentation of the case. In such instances social distancing should be observed.
- Judges and court reporters may remove their masks while in the courtroom in order to fulfill their duties. In such instances clear face shields should be worn if available and social distancing should be observed to the extent practicable.
- Face coverings need not be worn by judges and courthouse personnel while in private work areas where the person is not likely to come within six feet of other staff.
- Persons may be required by judges, courthouse staff, or law enforcement to briefly remove their mask when necessary for identification purposes.
Order from Chief Justice Donald Beatty: https://www.sccourts.org/whatsnew/displaywhatsnew.cfm?indexID=2523
Citizens are encouraged to continue conducting business virtually when possible and utilize our on-line service portal at: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/clickandgo.php.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks