WalletHub recently released its study on 2021’s Best & Worst States for Working Moms and South Carolina ranked as the 5th WORST in the country. Believe it or not, this is actually an improvement from 2020’s study.
In order to help ease the burden on mothers in the workforce, WalletHub compared the attractiveness of each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia for a working mother based on 17 key metrics. The data set ranges from the median women’s salary to the female unemployment rate to day-care quality.
Life as a Working Mom in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 44th – Day-Care Quality
- 45th – Pediatricians per Capita
- 43rd – Gender Pay Gap (Women’s Earnings as % of Men’s)
- 50th – Ratio of Female Executives to Male Executives
- 35th – Median Women’s Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 22nd – Female Unemployment Rate
- 38th – Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 35th – Avg. Length of Woman’s Work Week (in Hours)
- 43rd – % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
To see the full report, click here.
Moe’s Southwest Grill in Summerville Hosting Holiday Fiesta Benefiting Families in Need
On Thursday, December 8th, Moe’s Southwest Grill in Summerville will host a holiday fiesta while also giving back to families...