Guests can bring their chairs and lawn blankets to this socially-distant, COVID-safe fundraiser. Every purchase of a 10×10′ “pod” (up to 4 people per pod) will be all-inclusive, with a Potluck Basket of food prepared by a local chef, local beverages, and sweets. The event also includes live music by the Marshgrass Mamas featuring Cary Ann Hearst and Sly & The Family Stone Tribute Band.
Note: Kids ages 2 yrs+ count towards the 4-person limit per pod. Tots / babies under age 2 are welcomed in addition to the 4, at no cost.
Choose a “potluck basket” prepared by one of the participating restaurants:
- Basic Kitchen, Chef Charlie Layton – Uses seasonal, local produce and the best ingredients to create food that’s nourishing and delicious
- Brasserie La Banque, Executive Chef Jeb Aldrich – A seasonal French picnic highlighting local ingredients
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Chef / Owner Carrie Morey – Callie’s award winning biscuit sandwiches using locally inspired ingredients
- Carolima’s Lowcountry Cuisine, Chefs Emma Cromedy and Sameka Jenkins – Authentic Gullah Geechee & Lowcountry cuisine
- Cru Catering / Cru Cafe, Executive Chef and Owner John Zucker – Gourmet comfort food
- FIG / The Ordinary, Chefs Mike Lata, Jason Stanhope, Tori Schumacher – Seasonally inspired food highlighting the best that our farmers and fishermen have to offer
- The Grocery, Executive Chef/ Owner Kevin Johnson – Local ingredient-driven cuisine with Mediterranean and Southern influences
- The Post House Inn, Chef Nathan Hood – Contemporary American dishes, with a focus on fresh seafood and seasonal produce
- Slightly North of Broad, Executive Chef Russ Moore – Lowcountry-inspired dishes featuring fresh, local ingredients
- Ted’s Butcherblock, Nick Mc Bride – Chef / Ted Dombrowski – Owner – Grilled Meats on the Big Green Egg
Participating beverage suppliers:
- Grassroots Wine – One bottle of Rosé per pod
- Holy City Brewery – One 6-pack of local beer per pod
- Fatty’s Beer Works – One large format 16oz can per pod
- Cannonborough Soda Co. – Two handcrafted sodas per pod
This event is a fundraiser event for Lowcountry Local First. Proceeds from this event support the work this local 501c3 nonprofit does year-round to cultivate an economy anchored in local-ownership. Learn more about their work: lowcountrylocalfirst.org.
Tickets are non-refundable. If weather becomes an issue, attendees will be invited to drive by the event venue (The Bend) to pick up their food and beverages and enjoy from the comfort of home.
Gates will open at 3:30 pm and the music begins at 4 pm. For tickets and more information, click here.
Pay It Forward and Heritage Radio Network to Co-host Dinner Event at High Wire Distilling on September 9th
On Friday, September 9th, Pay It Forward Charleston and Heritage Radio Network (Brooklyn, NY) will kick off the “Brighter Days...