Upcoming Community Justice Forum: Meet CJCC Community Representatives
The Charleston County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (CJCC) invites the community to the third Community Justice Forum, to be held virtually April 27th from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
The forum, entitled “Meet CJCC Community Representatives,” will feature some of the currently serving community representatives including:
- Anthony Bishara, Psychology Professor, College of Charleston
- C Michael Bowman, President of Board of Directors, Father to Father, Inc.
- Adrian Cain, Senior Vice President Leadership Charleston Metro Chamber
- Lydia Cotton, Hispanic Community Advocate
- Areyonna Keels, attorney, Bilingual Victim Advocate
- Marcus Tyler McDonald, Lead Organizer, Charleston Black Lives Matter
- Otha Meadows, President & CEO, Charleston Urban League
- Keith Smalls, Founder/ Director, My Community’s Keeper Mentor Group
- Reverend David Truluck, Executive Director, SHIELD Ministries
- Lauren Williams, attorney, Williams & Walsh, LLC
Community representatives voice the diverse needs and concerns of Charleston County residents within the CJCC. Representatives attend and participate in CJCC monthly meetings, review CJCC progress, gather and share community input, and provide voice and feedback from the community in the CJCC decision-making process. Community representatives are selected annually through an open call for applications during the last quarter of the year.
The community representatives would love to hear from their constituents. To actively participate in the event, including asking live questions of the panelists, please register through Zoom at the following link: http://bit.ly/cjf04272021. The event is free and open to the public.
“Each community representative voices the concerns of a different sector within the larger Charleston community,” said CJCC Community Representative Adrian Cain, Senior Vice President Leadership and Executive Director Lead Charleston Foundation, Charleston Metro Chamber. “While we all come from different vantage points, local criminal justice improvement matters to us all. Come hear why.”
The Establishment to Host Tequila Dinner on June 22nd
The Establishment is hosting a Tequila-inspired dinner on Thursday, June 22nd, starting at 6 pm. Chef Elliott Howells has created...