We Are Sharing Hope SC (SHSC), a nonprofit corporation dedicated to advancing organ, eye and tissue donation in South Carolina, in partnership with Donate Life South Carolina, announces its calendar of events for National Donate Life Month. National Donate Life Month occurs every April with the goal of encouraging Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to honor those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
In addition to the events planned throughout the month of April, South Carolina landmarks, hospital systems, and universities will be lit up blue and green to pay tribute to SC donor heroes and this life giving mission.
SHSC is also excited to announce that in addition to the lighting of these landmarks, 60 cities and towns have committed to issuing proclamations in the month of April to honor National Donate Life Month. This is the most ever in the history of South Carolina.
“In a year like 2020, we worked to find new ways to remain mission-focused and continue the life-saving efforts of organ and tissue donation in South Carolina,” said Kristine Neal, SHSC Communications Director “This April, we’re able to honor the 214 SC organ donor heroes and 324 SC tissue donor heroes who said “yes” in 2020 and safely celebrate the amazing gift of organ, eye and tissue donation.”
We Are Sharing Hope SC and Donate Life SC invites you to participate in each of their events. Throughout the month of April, there will be state-wide events to include some of the following:
- Kickoff Event – Press conference at DMV in Blythewood, SC on April 2, 2021.
- National Blue and Green Day on April 16, 2021 (Virtual moment of honor at 1:08 pm with #SCHonorsLife)
- The 16th Annual Race for Life, Virtual 5K on Saturday, April 17th (https://runsignup.com/Race/SC/Charleston/SharingHopeRaceforLife)
- Building lighting ceremonies across the state
- Flag raising ceremonies at many South Carolina hospitals
- Wrap up ceremony at MUSC in Charleston on April 30
You can learn more about We Are Sharing Hope SC by watching this video or by visiting www.sharinghopesc.org. You can also follow along on all SHSC social media channels. To register to become an organ, eye and tissue donor, please visit www.DonateLifeSC.org.