The Kingstide, a coastal-inspired restaurant from the team at The Indigo Road Hospitality Group, opened Wednesday on Daniel Island. Located along the Wando River’s waterways, the restaurant is Daniel Island’s first and only waterfront restaurant.
Led by Executive Chef Kevin Getzewich, The Kingstide’s menus offer a variety of seafood dishes presented in both raw and wood-fired preparations. Chef Getzewich is partnering with local and regional fisheries, farmers, and purveyors to showcase the Lowcountry’s seasonal ingredients. Some of the offerings include:
- Peel & Eat Shrimp
- Stone Crab Claws
- Lobster Tails
- Fish Bologna Sliders
- Smoked Fish Dip
- Tuna Tartare
- And more
Other Food Items
- Sandwiches and soups like Lobster Rolls, Trout Reuben, Crablt, Lowcountry Chowder, and Fishermans Stew
- An assortment of fin fish like Tuna and trout
- Shellfish pasta dishes including Lobster Agnolotti and Crab Tonnarelli
- Land-based produce and protein offerings like the Pub Steak
- A variety of wood-fired vegetables
- A variety of rotating beverage offerings
- Full-service bar program with cocktails, beer, and wine
- Shaken, Frozen, and Spirit-Free options, including the Lowcountry Spritz, Wando Zombie, Red Tide, and Waterkeeper
- Wine program from Indigo Road Sommelier Vonda Freeman places an emphasis on pink wines, bubbles, and seafood-friendly selections
The Kingstide is a two-story space featuring a combination of 76 indoor seats and 52 outdoor seats, as well as additional al fresco lounge and dining options. The interior has an open kitchen (complete with a wood-fired hearth), a chef’s counter, and raw bar.
Charleston Animal Society’s “Vax-a-palooza” Aims to Set First World Record
Charleston Animal Society (CAS) says they are aiming to set the first world record for most pet vaccine pledges in...