The Charleston County Public Library (CCPL) and Lowcountry Food Bank (LFB) are this month hosting free produce giveaways outside three library locations. Each participant will be given approximately 15 pounds of fresh produce. This is expected to include items like apples, potatoes, bananas, grapes, and cherry tomatoes.
“We know our libraries serve families that experience barriers accessing fresh and affordable produce,” said Associate Director of Community Engagement Devon Andrews. “We are thankful to partner with the Lowcountry Food Bank and host Pop-Up Produce events as part of our effort to build healthier communities across Charleston County.”
The Pop-Up Produce events are taking place at the following dates and locations:
- Wednesday, March 17th
- 2 pm to 3 pm
- Cooper River Memorial Library, 3503 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston
- Thursday, March 18th
- 10 am to 11 am
- St. Paul’s Hollywood Library, 5130 Hwy 165, Hollywood
- Friday, March 26th
- 10 am to 11 am
- McClellanville Library, 222 Baker Street, McClellanville
- NEW – Wednesday, March 31st at 2 pm – Cooper River Memorial Library, 3503 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston
- NEW – Monday, April 5th at 10 am – St. Paul’s Hollywood Library, 5130 Hwy 165, Hollywood
No registration is required and produce will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. The drive-thru giveaway is a no-contact event and a produce box will be placed directly into the participants’ cars.
For more information, visit ccpl.org, contact your local library branch, or connect with the library on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
All Types of Media Arts Convention (ATOMACON) Returning to North Charleston for 9th Annual Convention
The All Types of Media Arts Convention (ATOMACON) is returning to North Charleston for its ninth annual 3-day convention from...