Earlier this moth, the Charleston Music Hall and The Bend announced that their “Around the Bend” concert series would return this spring. The multi-week concert
Here’s a look at the updated schedule (the new shows are in bold):
- Saturday, April 10th – Robert Earl Keen
- Sunday, April 11th – Ranky Tanky
- Saturday, April 17th – Reggae Night at the Bend: A Special Tribute to Toots & The Maytals
- Friday, May 7th – Charlton Singleton and Friends present: The Sizzling 70s
- Thursday, May 13th – Blackberry Smoke
- Friday, May 14th – Yacht Rock Revue
- Saturday, May 22nd – Old Crow Medicine Show
- Saturday, May 29th – Fitz and The Tantrums
- Sunday, May 30th – Smith & Myers
- Saturday, June 5th – The Steeldrivers
The series, produced by the Charleston Music Hall, features unique socially distanced seating by providing sectioned–off squares and limiting each square to a maximum of 4 people from the same party. Masks are required if patrons leave their square to visit the facilities.
“We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and excitement for ‘Around the Bend’ from the community this past fall,” said Charles Carmody, Venue Director of the Charleston Music Hall. “We are excited to return with a stellar line up in April.”
New to the spring series, patrons can pre-order beer, wine, and water to have a fully stocked cooler waiting for them upon arrival. No outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring their own food, non-alcoholic beverages, blankets, tables, and chairs. Coolers will be checked after parking to ensure outside alcohol is not being brought to the squares.
The Bend, located at 3775 Azalea Dr. in North Charleston, features 20 acres of beautiful green space on the Ashley River. For all events, gates open at 6 pm and shows start at 7:30 pm. Concertgoers sharing a square are required to arrive together. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early to create an easier and safer ingress and seating.
Click here for more information about the series.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...