As part of their annual “coast-to-coast wienie roast,” the iconic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile (right) is cruising around South Carolina from through Sunday, March 14th. While touring the Palmetto State, they will be offering hot dog fanatics the chance to get up close and personal with the 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels.
At each tour stop, fans can take photos of the famed “lamborgweenie,” answer trivia questions to become an honorary Hotdogger, and take home an iconic Wiener Whistle. You can only get the famous mini-hot dog on wheels by seeing the Wienermobile in Person. There is no cost to take pictures.
Appearances in the area include the following:
- Bald Monkey Beanery
- March 12th from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Location: 1320 Red Bank Rd, Goose Creek
- Berkeley County Animal Center
- March 12th from 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- Location: 502 Cypress Gardens Rd, Moncks Corner
- Hotrods & Honeys
- March 13th from 9:30 am – 11:20 am
- Location: 301 E 5th N Street, Summerville
- Dorchester Paws Adoption Event
- March 13th from 12:00 PM till 2:30 PM
- Location: The Axe Joint, 120 S Main St, Summerville
- TBC Oyster Roast
- March 13th from 5:00 PM till 7:00 PM
- Location: Trinity Bible Church, 3589 Mary Ader Ave, Charleston
- The team is finalizing their plans for Sunday, March 14th
The American icon dates back to 1936, when Oscar Mayer’s nephew Carl pitched it as a way to lift the spirits of Americans during the Great Depression.
Today, the companys says that same mission is carried out by Hotdoggers, young men and women hired to drive the Wienermobile across the country as brand spokespeople.
Additional information can be found on the brand’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, or on the free Wienermobile app. You can ketchup with the hotdoggers on their Instagrams: Mayochup Molly and Mustard Maggie.
Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau Hosting Launch Event on Sunday
The Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau (Gullah CVB) will host their inaugural event on Sunday, December 11th, from 2 pm...