WalletHub recently released its study on 2021’s Best & Worst States for Women and South Carolina ranked as the 6th WORST in the country. The Palmetto State had the exact same ranking last year.
To identify the most women-friendly states, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 26 key metrics. The data set ranges from median earnings for female workers to women’s preventive health care to the female homicide rate.
Woman-Friendliness of South Carolina (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 35th – Median Earnings for Female Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 22nd – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 42nd – Share of Women in Poverty
- 22nd – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
- 45th – High School Graduation Rate for Women
- 22nd – Share of Women Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 40th – Female Uninsured Rate
- 41st – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 25th – Quality of Women’s Hospitals
- 31st – Women’s Preventive Health Care
To see the full report, click here.
Charleston 4th of July Events (2022 Edition)
Independence Day is almost here and it’s crunch time for making plans. To help you out, here’s a list of...