Nexton, the most innovative and walkable community in South Carolina, experienced unprecedented growth in 2020. With a flourishing presence that includes cutting-edge commercial space, new residential and hospitality offerings, educational and wellness initiatives, and dining and retail options, Nexton has become a national model for master-planned developments across the country.
“Our vision for Nexton is about more than creating a beautiful place. It’s about creating an environment where, through research, creativity and modernization, individuals can thrive,” said Nexton’s VP of Operations Brent Gibadlo. “By making a genuine effort to understand the market and recognizing Nexton’s unique opportunity to positively impact our customers, we have created an ergonomic community plan that applies thoughtful architecture, innovative design and social responsibility in order to optimize human well-being.”
Nexton’s 2020 commercial growth included the following milestones:
- WorkPlace@Nexton: In June, Nexton announced the full lease-up of phase one of the office destination with more than half of phase two leased. The collection of boutique offices spaces house tenants such as Harvey & Vallini Law Firm, River Landing Dentistry, Atlas Physical Therapy, Edward Jones, Prime Lending, Dermatology & Laser Center of Charleston, Shepherd Law Firm and Raising the Barre fitness studio.
- Home Telecom Technology and Retail Center: The 20,000-square-foot office building opened in October, offering fully furnished, turn-key office spaces with flexible lease agreements and a Home Telecom Customer Service Center.
- Sigma Drive Self Storage: Opened in October, the newly constructed facility comprises 75,020 square feet of rentable storage space in 682 units.
- Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union: Opened its new branch on Brighton Park Boulevard in July.
- Nexton Square: Additional dining, retail and service offerings opened at Nexton Square including Page’s Okra Food Truck, Poogan’s Southern Kitchen, Tropical Smoothie Café, The Bicycle Shoppe and Realty ONE Group.
- Baker Motor Company: Opened the first dealership in North America dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van in August. The $25 million, 28,600 square-foot facility in Nexton spans more than 13 acres and additionally includes a car wash, eight-car showroom, consultation desks, conference rooms, lounges, biking and hiking trails and a children’s play area.
Nexton continued to expand its diverse residential options in 2020, catering to a variety of lifestyles and preferences. The following highlights Nexton’s record-breaking year of sales:
- 456 homes sold in three residential villages including Del Webb Charleston, North Creek Village and Brighton Park Village, 134% of its target sales goal.
- 2,500 single-family homes, townhomes and multifamily residences announced in Midtown, Nexton’s newest development chapter. The first homes will be delivered in early 2021 with pre-sales and new models that opened in September 2020.
- 345 new luxury apartment homes broke ground with Charlotte, N.C.-based developer, The Spectrum Companies. The development will include townhomes with private garages and five mid-rise buildings. The first apartments will be available in 2021 with full completion targeted for spring 2022.
- Full lease up of Arrogate Apartments’ 264 units in North Creek neighborhood
- Del Webb closed on 300 homes of 1,000 total planned homes
Three hotel flags opened at Nexton in 2020, creating the region’s new lodging hub:
- Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites: The dual-branded hotel features 250 rooms, resort amenities and the Lowcountry Conference Center, which serves as the largest indoor event space in the county.
- Cambria Hotel: The 95-room hotel hosts both leisure and business travelers in the Nexton area as the third and final Cambria property in the Charleston region.
AWARDS + ACCOLADES
Nexton received several accolades for demonstrating its commitment to forward-thinking design and innovation:
- Awarded the Grand Award for Best Community Land Plan during the Pacific Coast Builders Conference’s 2020 Gold Nugget Awards
- Named the 2020 Pinnacle Award winner for Best Community in South Carolina by the Home Builders Association of South Carolina (HBASC)
- Recognized as one of the 50 top-selling master-planned communities by RCLCO Real Estate Advisors, ranking #49 on the Top 50 list based on year-to-date home sales in 2020
- Recognized as a Silver Award winner by the National Association of Home Builders during the 2020 Nationals Awards in four categories including Best Brochure, Best Community Welcome Center, Best Signage and Master-Planned Community of the Year. Nexton is a finalist for the Gold Award in its four nominated categories. The results will be announced in February 2021.
- Health and Wellness: Nexton emerged as a regional health and wellness hub with a growing number of hospital systems and health and wellness practitioners opening state-of-the-art offices and facilities to serve Nexton. Providers range from individual practitioners, outpatient surgery centers and full-service hospitals to physical therapy clinics and fitness studios. Among the tenants are Palmetto Primary Care, MUSC, Charleston Surgery Center, Carolina Periodontics, Coastal Fertility Specialists and more.
- Education: Nexton renewed support for Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a technology education curriculum, at Nexton Elementary School. Additionally, Saint Leo University’s new Charleston Education Center opened at The Offices at Nexton in March to serve Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley counties.
On the heels of Nexton’s record-setting 2020, the community is looking toward the future as it continues to set the industry standard for master-planned communities across the U.S.
- The first 250 homes in the Midtown development phrase are expected to be delivered in 2021
- Birmingham, Alabama-based Capstone Communities recently announced the introduction of 282 single-family, for-rent homes at Nexton. The rental homes are scheduled to be delivered in late 2021 with full completion expected in Summer 2022.
- Delivery of 100 lots by TrueHomes in the North Creek neighborhood
- Groundbreaking on the Midtown Club, a swim and fitness center serving the Nexton Residential Association in February 2021
- January 2021 groundbreaking for First Citizens Bank, the 4,250-square-foot, full-service branch expected to open in late 2021
- Groundbreaking on Downtown Nexton, a 100-acre development with initial plans for a gas station and multifamily community
Palmetto City Ballet Announces 2021-22 Season
Palmetto City Ballet today announced the schedule for their 2021-22 season, taking place at the Sottile Theater at the College...
Join NAMI Charleston Area for its 3rd Annual Event NAMIWalks Your Way: A United Day of Hope
Toast Under the Oaks is back at Johns Island County Park in September
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
You Could Win A Trip to Cancun by Winning The Hunt Charleston
Canadian Jazz Guitarist Jocelyn Gould Coming To Charleston
Warrior Surf Foundation Announces 5th Annual Surfboard Auction & Raffle
- Uncategorized7 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview1 day ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- News2 weeks ago
Surf Bar on Folly Beach is Closed…But For How Long?