First Tee – Greater Charleston, a nonprofit committed to “providing the opportunity to learn the game of golf through structured, educational programs that build character and life-enhancing values in children and teens,” announced a new initiative that offers youth under the age of 18, free rounds of golf in 2021 at five area courses.
The “Swing It Forward CHS” initiative is a movement made possible by donors who wish to pay it forward by creating on-course golf experiences by removing barriers to make the game more accessible to all local youth. Charleston-area youth are invited to play for free for a year at select courses beginning today.
First Tee – Greater Charleston, in partnership with the following area golf courses, has covered the cost for all youth to play as often as they would like for free. No strings attached.
- Berkeley Country Club, 772 Exeter Plantation Rd., Moncks Corner, 29461
- Charleston Municipal, 2110 Maybank Hwy, Charleston, 29412
- Patriots Point Links, 1 Patriots Point Rd., Mt. Pleasant, 29464
- Wescott Golf Club, 5000 Wescott Club Dr., Summerville, 29485
- Wrenwoods Golf Course, 100 Cusabee Trail, Joint Base Charleston, 29404
“We see the inherent values of responsibility, integrity, and confidence that youth grasp while playing a round of golf, and we want every child interested to have this opportunity as often as possible,” said Bucky Dudley, Executive Director of First Tee – Greater Charleston. “We are grateful for our donors and the many courses that share our mission of making the game of golf more accessible to the next generation of players.”
How to play free golf:
- Call a partner course to reserve a tee time
- Tee times must be booked day of play
- Upon arrival, sign in at the golf shop
- Loaner clubs are first come, first served
- Kids are encouraged to walk because it is a healthy choice
- Adults are welcome to walk, ride, or play along (adults are subject to course playing and riding fees)
The Greater Charleston Chapter of the First Tee was started in 2008 and currently has 225 volunteers as coaches and mentors. There are more than 17,000 youth that participate in First Tee – Greater Charleston programs on 8 area golf courses from Moncks Corner to Summerville and James Island to Mt. Pleasant.
Individuals interested in supporting “Swing It Forward CHS” should contact, Ben Grandy, Director of Operations at ben@firstteeCHS.org.
To learn more about the “Swing it Forward CHS” initiative or to donate to help the organization sustain this initiative and other programs, visit www.firstteechs.org.
Dashi to Host Mexican Wine Dinner with Cardel Wines on November 20th
Dashi will be hosting their first Mexican Wine Dinner with Cardel Wines on Saturday, November 20th from 5 pm to...
Butt Stuff Happening This Weekend at Estadio
Park Circle Gallery to exhibit works by Brad Carroll and Lee Garrard
15th Annual Nuovo Cinema Italiano Film Festival Kicks Off November 4th
2nd Annual Halloween Bar Crawl on King Street Scheduled for 10/30
2022 Charleston Wine + Food Tickets Go On Sale Thursday
Traveling Dinosaur Exhibit Rolling into North Charleston
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News3 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie