Charleston County’s Public Works Department will resume construction January 12th, 2021 on the Grimball Road Drainage Improvements project. Construction will begin on the unpaved portion of South Grimball Road. Citizens who live in that in area will have access to their homes during construction.
Beginning January 18th, Grimball Road will close from Sea Water Drive to South Grimball Road.
- Road is scheduled to be closed from January 18 – January 25
- Message boards will be placed at:
- Grimball Road at Folly Road
- Grimball Road at Riverland Drive
- S. Grimball Road at Folly Road
- Those traveling to Septima P. Clark Corporate Academy will access the school via Grimball Road from Folly Road, Fort Johnson Road, or Riverland Drive.
- Those traveling to James Island Elementary School will access the school via S. Grimball Road from Folly Road.
- Citizens are asked to be careful while driving through construction areas.
The Grimball Road Drainage Improvements project includes the construction of a reinforced concrete pipe under Grimball and South Grimball Roadways. This will help to alleviate flooding issues in this area of James Island. For more information, please call Public Works Stormwater at 843-202-7639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recovery Jam Happening This Saturday Featuring Grammy Nominee
The 3rd annual Recovery Jam presented by Crews Subaru will take place this Saturday, December 3rd at the Isle of...