On Tuesday, January 12th at 7 pm, Mex 1 Coastal Cantina on Sullivan’s Island will host their next Comedy Night featuring comedians Doug Smith, Mona Bender, Daniel Armistead, Gabe Haynes, Tanner Riley, Nate Allen, and emcee Austin Hughes.
Here’s a bit more about the emcee and the featured comedians:
- Hughes is a local comedian known for taking the audience back to their awkward teenage years.
- Bender is a “South Carolina redneck turned Deadhead,” who delves into the life of a drug induced southerner
- Armistead is a new comic from Summerville
- Haynes is a young stand up comedian from College Park, Georgia
- Allen is one of Savannah’s young and up-and-coming comedians. He recently made his first TV appearance on REVOLT TV’s Funny AF (season two)
- Smith “blends the aesthetics of homelessness and the self pity of living at his parents into a comedy set rife with stories that involve the two and explain how he is in his current situation.”
- Riley was a finalist in the Soda City Showdown stand-up competition, and was a participant in both the Cola Comedy Con and the Charleston Comedy Festival. He has also been featured on the cover of the Charleston City Paper
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased here.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview4 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks