Charleston County Treasurer’s Office now Accepting Tax Payments over the Phone
The Charleston County Treasurer’s Office will now accept tax payments over the phone. Citizens will still be able to pay online, by mail, or at one of our service centers.
- The phone number is 866-594-4213. This takes you to a recorded message.
- There is a Spanish language option.
- The only types of bills currently being processed through the system are motor vehicle, real property (home and land), and rental residential.
- The customer will need their PIN to search for the bill. Pin numbers can be found at the top of your tax bill. They can also be found online here: https://sc-charleston.publicaccessnow.com/
- We accept credit card and eCheck. There is no fee for eCheck. There is a 2.39% fee for credit card, with a $2.50 minimum fee.
- The customer can pay a bill created that day.
“We’re very excited to offer this new option as it provides another convenience to our citizens. This is especially important as we continue to navigate this pandemic,” said Charleston County Treasurer Mary Tinkler. “Citizens can still come to one of our service center to pay their bills, but we would like to encourage everyone to either pay online, by mail or via phone.”
Citizens who have trouble locating their pin number can call the Charleston County Treasurer’s Office at (843)958-4360.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...