“This year was all about making our drinks even more whimsical than years past,” said owner James Bolt. “2020 has been hard for everyone, so our winter menu was designed to put a smile on your face.”
The list is highlighted by “Everything Nice,” a concoction crafted in a partnership with Cheerwine, which mixes together Butter Washed Gin, Rum, Vermouth, Lime, Tea, Bitters, Egg White, and (of course) Cheerwine Holiday Punch.
For the whiskey drinkers, included is the “Hickory Honey Ham,” which combines Pork Fat Washed Whiskey (yes, you read that right), Luxardo, Smoked Maple, Mustard Vermouth, and Bitters.
“This cocktail kind of has an evolving meaning, Bolt said. “It was meant to reflect that old school holiday ham we all remember. The cloves, the pineapple and cherries – just a super Americana moment from our dining tables, but the name comes from one of our family’s favorite Christmas movies, Christmas with the Kranks. We all remember it was Claire’s favorite, and we hope this cocktail will be your favorite too.”
The Winter Cocktail Menu
- Seasonal Gibson – House Gin Martini, Pickled Seabeans
- Suze Gimlet – Gin, Suze, Citrus, Bay Leaf
- Yeti Blue – Green Tea Gin, Rhum Agricole, Coconut, Lemon, Lime, Blue, Clarified Milk
- Slingshot – Gin, Pineapple, Fernet, Campari, Cherry Balsamic, Curacao, Lime
- Purple People Eater – White Rum, Coconut, Condensed Milk, Purple Sweet Potato, Pandan, Vanilla
- Figgy Smallz – Peanut Butter Cognac, Fig, Cordial, Lemon, Fig Preserves
- Caliente Mexicano – Chili Mezcal, Creme de Cacao, Cinnamon, Lemon, Chocolate Bitters
- In Your Head – Overproof Rum, Spiced Cranberry, Don’s Mix, Lime, Absinthe
- New Jack City – Chairish Whiskey, Coffee, Vermouth, Bitters
- Spritz Inverno – Amaro Montenegro, Oloroso Sherry, Allspice, Cava
- Apple Bottom Jeans – Applejack, Pedro Ximenez Sherry, Garam Marsala, Butter
- Grow a Pear – Blanco Tequila, Pear Brandy, Lime Acid, Ginger
- Gin Joint Eggnog – Light Rum, Dark Rum, Cognac, Warming Spices, Egg, Cream, House Meringue
- Christmas in the Islands – Rum, Sorrel, Warming Spices, Lime, Cava
- Hickory Honey Ham – Pork Fat Washed Whiskey, Luxardo, Smoked Maple, Mustard Vermouth, Bitters
- Everything Nice – Butter Washed Gin, Rum, Vermouth, Lime, Tea, Bitters, Egg White, Cheerwine Holiday Punch
The full menu, including Happy Hour specials and description, can be found here.
For those looking for an even more intimate setting, The Gin Joint also offers private hour-long cocktail classes. For inquiries, pricing, and more information on booking a class, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Gin Joint, visit www.theginjoint.com or check them out on social media.
NAMI Walks Charleston Kick Off Rally Set for Friday at Home Team BBQ
NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) Charleston Area is hosting a Kick Off Rally for the 2021 NAMI Walks Charleston...
Loaded Events Schedule Awaits Visitors To South Carolina’s Hammock Coast This Fall
Happening this August at Brookgreen Gardens
Lowcountry Food Bank’s Walk to Fight Hunger Aims to Raise Funds to Help Food Insecure Lowcountry Neighbors
Miller Gallery to Celebrate the Opening of “Unbroken” on August 7th
Black History All Year Long: Focus on Women Discussion Series Continues on August 19th
What’s Happening this August at the Gibbes Museum of Art
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events18 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview13 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks