Charleston County Public Library was notified that a second staff member of the Wando Mount Pleasant Library tested positive for COVID-19. This is in addition to the positive test announced on Tuesday, December 8th. As a result, the library will remain closed through the weekend. CCPL expects to reopen the branch on Monday, December 14th. The Friends of the Library’s “That Holiday Book Sale,” which was slated for this Thursday evening, Friday, and Saturday has also been canceled.
Following the notification of the first positive COVID test on Tuesday, the Charleston County Public Library says staff implemented the following response plan, per CDC and DHEC guidelines:
- The library closed Wednesday, Dec. 9th and has been cleaned and sanitized by a certified third-party contractor. It is now expected to reopen on Monday, Dec. 14th.
- All employees known to have come in contact with these individuals are being notified and self-quarantine guidelines are being followed.
- The book drop/return at the library will be closed during this time.
- Charleston County Government continues to offer PPE and cleaning supplies to CCPL employees for its facilities.
- CCPL has been working with DHEC in ensuring all best practices are implemented in our service models that would help reduce the spread of COVID-19 as we continue serving our patrons.
For updates, visit ccpl.org or follow the library on Facebook/Twitter.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview4 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks