Charleston County Public Library was notified that a second staff member of the Wando Mount Pleasant Library tested positive for COVID-19. This is in addition to the positive test announced on Tuesday, December 8th. As a result, the library will remain closed through the weekend. CCPL expects to reopen the branch on Monday, December 14th. The Friends of the Library’s “That Holiday Book Sale,” which was slated for this Thursday evening, Friday, and Saturday has also been canceled.
Following the notification of the first positive COVID test on Tuesday, the Charleston County Public Library says staff implemented the following response plan, per CDC and DHEC guidelines:
- The library closed Wednesday, Dec. 9th and has been cleaned and sanitized by a certified third-party contractor. It is now expected to reopen on Monday, Dec. 14th.
- All employees known to have come in contact with these individuals are being notified and self-quarantine guidelines are being followed.
- The book drop/return at the library will be closed during this time.
- Charleston County Government continues to offer PPE and cleaning supplies to CCPL employees for its facilities.
- CCPL has been working with DHEC in ensuring all best practices are implemented in our service models that would help reduce the spread of COVID-19 as we continue serving our patrons.
For updates, visit ccpl.org or follow the library on Facebook/Twitter.
Annual MOJA Arts Festival Continues Through October 9th
The annual MOJA Arts Festival, a celebration of African-American and Caribbean culture, continues this week with a variety of free...