By: CofC Media
The College of Charleston School of Business Center for Entrepreneurship and About Her Business is proud to host the second annual Women of Color Entrepreneurship Forum on Thursday, November 19th, 2020, at 5:30 pm via Zoom.
According to the 2019 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report by American Express, women of color (WOC) entrepreneurs employed 2.3 million people, generated $422.5 billion in revenue and were the fastest-growing group of business owners last year.
The College will welcome panelists from academia, the entrepreneurial community and the Charleston area to discuss growing the number of WOC entrepreneurs through education, ecosystems, inclusion and policy in observance of Global Entrepreneurship Week — an international week-long celebration of business innovation.
The virtual event will include networking, panel discussions and a gender equality pitch competition where six CofC student-teams will be vying for a $1,000 prize.
- Sedeyia Bellamy — Community Development Loan Officer, SC Community Loan Fund
- Dorothea Bernique — Executive Director, Increasing H.O.P.E. Financial Training Center and Organizer of the Charleston-area 1 Million Cups events
- Tozaria Green — Current CofC student and prospective entrepreneur
- Monique Hill — Founder, About Her Business, LLC
- Amber Johnson — Equity, Inclusion and Racial Conciliation Manager, City of Charleston
- Norris Krueger, Ph.D. — ESHIP Ecosystem Champion, Kauffman Foundation
- Joanna Lau — Founder and CEO, Lau Technologies and School of Business Board of Governors member
- Diana Saillant — Founder and CEO, Saillant Language Consulting, board member of the YWCA, Greater Charleston and board member of the CofC Department of Hispanic Studies
- Audrey Whetsell — Co-Founder, Resource Partners, LLC
College of Charleston alumnae Johnny Caldwell ’08 and Taneka Reaves ‘11 — better known collectively as Cocktail Bandits — will also take part in the networking portion of the event.
The second annual Women of Color Entrepreneurship Forum is free and open to the public. The event will take place via Zoom at 5:30 pm on Thursday, Nov. 19th. Register to attend at bit.ly./woceforum.
Volunteers Needed: Going Places to Give 390 Custom Bikes, locks, Helmets to Disadvantaged Kid
Local nonprofit Going Places will be surprising all 390 children that attend Lambs Elementary with a new, custom bike on...
The Wonderer to Host Dia De Los Muertos Party featuring The Knocks
Ugly Sweater 5K Dash Scheduled for December 11th in Summerville
Keegan-Filion Farm to Host Open House in November
Preservation Society of Charleston’s Fall Tours Shares This Week’s Lineup Highlights
Local Mentoring Program Hosts Event to Help Parents Talk to Kids About Sex Effectively
WaterFest, Benefiting Water Mission, to be held on Daniel Island Next Month
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie