Tickets are now on sale for Brookgreen Gardens’ annual holiday light display, “Nights of a Thousand Candles,” which will be held on select nights between November 27th to December 31st. This holiday event features millions of twinkling lights draped among the large sculptures, mature trees, and blooming flowers of Brookgreen’s premier gardens.
Admission to this year’s event will also include access to artist Bruce Munro’s expansive and renowned light art installation, “Field of Light.”
New for 2020, Brookgreen is implementing COVID-19 safety measures for the display, including reducing nightly admission by 50 percent and doubling the event’s number of nights offered to allow for the same number of guests to enjoy the event as years past.
“With COVID-19 measures in place, we are thrilled to once again welcome this cherished event that has become a tradition for so many,” Page Kiniry, president and CEO of Brookgreen Gardens, said. “We are also pleased to be able to offer access to the work of internationally-acclaimed artist Bruce Munro, who has graciously allowed for his work to be on display concurrent with this event. We know guests will enjoy celebrating the holiday season by wandering through both immersive light displays.”
Bruce Munro’s “Field of Light” will be on display for guests in Brookgreen’s arboretum. “Field of Light” features over 12,000 stems of light that slowly change colors, creating a shimmering, mesmerizing effect. Internationally known artist Bruce Munro initially installed Field of Light as a part of “Bruce Munro at Brookgreen: Southern Light,” displayed at Brookgreen Gardens over the summer. The extended time was graciously donated by Munro to support the Gardens during the pandemic crisis. Field of Light is the only installation that remains on display during the “Nights of a Thousand Candles” event.
- What: 21st Annual Nights of a Thousand Candles
- When: November 27—December 31, 2020; Wednesdays-Sundays (closed Dec. 23-25)
- Where: Brookgreen Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Drive, Murrells Inlet, 29576
- Tickets: Adult $25, Child $1; Members – Adult $20, Child $12
- To purchase tickets, click here
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and space is limited
- Additional Details: Food trucks from Austin’s Restaurant group and Let’s Ride BBQ will be on-site, Harvest Restaurant in the Gardens will taking reservations for dinner, Inlet Affairs will offer seafood specials in the Leonard Pavilion, and the Old Kitchen in the heart of the Gardens will have soup, light bites, and Brookgreen’s famous hot chocolate. Drinks will be available at beverage stations in several locations throughout the gardens. Each night there will also be musical performances near the Pegasus lawn.
For more information about this event, click here.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks