The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced on November 2nd that the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center will now use the new Beneficiary Travel Self-Service System (BTSSS) to reimburse eligible Veterans and beneficiaries for travel to and from VA medical appointments.
The new system will allow users to submit and track transportation reimbursement claims using a secure web-based portal on the Access VA, available 24/7, 365 days a year.
“Thanks to the important innovations and dedication to information technology, we are proud to say we have streamlined this process making it easier for users,” said Charleston VAMC Director Scott Isaacks. “The BTSSS replaces the need for older, manual tracking methods, bringing this process in line with many of our other web applications.”
BTSSS has many advantages, for example, it:
- Reduces the need for completing hard copy claim submissions in-person at the facility by replacing and eliminating the previous kiosk method.
- Provides an easy to use web-based application that allows you to enter your claim over the internet via AccessVA.
- Ensures timely processing and payment of travel reimbursements and reduces manual intervention and improper claim payments through automated features
- Authenticates the Veteran or Beneficiary by: 1.) VA PIV card; or 2.) DS Logon Level 2 account.
As BTSSS goes live at the Ralph H. Johnson VAMC, the Beneficiary Travel kiosks, as well as in person and hard copy claims submission will still be available. For information on eligibility, visit VA’s Travel Pay Reimbursement site.
Heather McMahan to Perform at the Gaillard Center
Press Release Put the phones down! Your favorite, high functioning hot mess comedian, Heather McMahan, is coming to a city...
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
Julia Deckman Studio Shares Upcoming Exhibition Schedule
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks