The city of Charleston will host a school supply distribution drive-thru on Sunday, October 18th, from 2 pm to 4 pm at Arthur W. Christopher Community Center, located at 265 Fishburne Street for local students in need of school supplies.
Why it matters: With this year’s First Day Festival having been canceled as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Mayor’s Office for Children, Youth and Families and Department of Recreation teamed up to collect school supplies and safely deliver them to local students in need.
Details for participation:
- To access the distribution point, drivers are asked to enter the parking lot through the back of the building near the pool and circle around to the front of the building where volunteers will deliver pre-packed bags to each car. Vehicles will then be directed to exit by turning right onto Fishburne Street.
- Approximately 1,000 bags are available for pick-up, containing a variety of items such as spiral notebooks, folders, pencil cases, pencils, pens, crayons, highlighters, rulers, erasers and pencil sharpeners.
- Each car will receive one pre-packaged bag and may receive up to two additional bags upon request.
- Distribution will continue while supplies last.
For your safety:
- To ensure the safety of volunteers and drivers, all volunteers delivering school supplies will be required to wear face masks and gloves.
- Drivers and passengers are asked to remain in their cars while distribution is taking place.
Valentine’s Day 2023 Menus, Events, Discounts, and Specials
Looking for some sweet plans for Valentine’s Day? Look below for a list of events, special menus, and more being...