The Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy will host their Second Annual Lowcountry Bottom Fishing Rodeo on Saturday, October 10th at the James Island Yacht Club. Proceeds benefit Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy’s services for first responders, survivors of traumatic loss, and the community as a whole across Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester Counties.
Lines will be cast at 6:50 am and weigh-in is from 3 pm to 5 pm at the James Island Yacht Club.
- Inshore / Bottom Fishing is $50/angler
- Offshore / King Mackerel is $100/angler
- All anglers receive a tournament t-shirt
- $500 for the largest fish in each category
- Top three largest fish in each category win a trophy
- Inshore / Bottom Fish (prizes based on 100 entries)
- Inshore: flounder, sea trout, sheepshead
- Bottom Fish: amberjack, black sea bass, grouper, vermilion snapper, triggerfish
- King Mackerel (prizes based on 50 entries)
- $2,000 for 1st largest fish
- $1,000 for 2nd largest fish
- $750 for 3rd largest fish
- Top three largest fish win a trophy
- Additional Prize Categories
- $500 for largest fish caught by a first responder
- $300 for largest fish caught by a lady angler (18 years and older)
- $300 for largest fish caught by a youth angler (under 18 years old)
Homegrown Holiday Bazaar Scheduled for December 3rd
The ninth annual Homegrown Holiday Bazaar will be held Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 at Johns Island County Park (2662 Mullet...