How to Register:
- Online – https://info.scvotes.sc.gov/eng/ovr/start.aspx
- Requires S.C. Driver’s License or DMV ID
- If you have moved, you must first update your residence address with DMV
- Register by mail, email, fax – Download a voter registration form, complete it, and return it to your county board of voter registration by mail, fax, or email
- Register in person – Visit your county board of voter registration and register in person. You can also register while receiving services at various agencies including the Department of Motor Vehicles. See a complete list of agencies providing voter registration under the National Voter Registration Act
Dates and deadlines
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- Friday, October 2 - Deadline to register to vote in person.
- Sunday, October 4 – Deadline to register to vote online or by fax or email.
- Monday, October 5 – Deadline to register to vote by mail (must be postmarked by this date).
“Voting is both a right and a responsibility of citizenship and one of the most important ways to be engaged in our community,” Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg said. “I encourage all our citizens to register and have their voices heard on election day.”
For more information on Voter Registration, visit https://www.scvotes.gov/south-carolina-voter-registration-information.
About National Voter Registration Day
National Voter Registration Day is a nonpartisan civic holiday celebrating our democracy. First observed in 2012, it has quickly gained momentum ever since. Nearly 3 million voters have registered to vote on the holiday to date.
Celebrated on the fourth Tuesday of September, National Voter Registration Day will next take place on September 22, 2020. The holiday has been endorsed by the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS), the National Association of State Election Directors (NASED), the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC), and the National Association of Election Officials (The Election Center).
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila to host Dia de los Muertos Event on November 1st
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila on James Island will host a Dia de los Muertos event on Monday, November 1st from...
City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs Announces City Gallery Exhibition, Prototype for a Landscape
Internet sensation Gogo Cuerva to Perform at Holy City Magic
The Midnight City to Perform at The Windjammer on Halloween
Charleston Horticultural Society Announces 20th Annual Fall Garden Tour
Moranz Entertainment Celebrates 26 Years of the Charleston Christmas Special
Lasagna Night at Post House Benefits Program to Help New Moms
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie