The 2021 Old Farmer’s Almanac recipe contest winners were recently announced and one of them is from the Holy City! Charleston resident Becky Powers won 2nd prize in the “Appetizers” Recipe Contest for her submission of Stuffed Jalapeños.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- Crushed French-fried onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, and garlic.
- Fill pepper halves with cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Top with French-fried onions and bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 16 servings
You can also find this recipe and the other winners in The 2021 Old Farmer’s Almanac, available now in most retail stores, or online here.
All Types of Media Arts Convention (ATOMACON) Returning to North Charleston for 9th Annual Convention
The All Types of Media Arts Convention (ATOMACON) is returning to North Charleston for its ninth annual 3-day convention from...