On Saturday, October 24th, the Afrikan Konciousness Koalition will host their 6th Annual Afrikan Konciousness Festival from 2 pm to 6 pm at the Love and Helping Hands Spiritual Center in Moncks Corner.
This is a free community event that features a day of cultural awareness, community engagement, and family festivities. Organizers want it to be clear that everyone is welcome to attend this cultural festival.
“We don’t want anyone to question that,” spokesperson Candace Pringle said. “We want everyone from all walks of life to feel welcome, experience the richness of our culture and support local business vendors.”
Attendees can expect the following:
- Learn more about the African Culture through storytelling, dance, drums, and music
- Trunk or Treat (children walk through a parking lot, stopping at cars that have decorated trunks and receives candy)
- If anyone is interested in decorating their trunks in honor of an African American Historian, e-mail email@example.com
- There will be prizes for top 3 winners
- Free jump castles
- Face painting
- Food (from sweet treats to carnival snacks to cheesesteaks to crab legs to vegan dishes to fruit/veggie smoothies)
- Special pop up guests entertainers
- Local businesses
For more information, visit the event website here. The Love and Helping Hands Spiritual Center is located at 1347 Old U.S. 52 in Moncks Corner.
Charleston 4th of July Events (2022 Edition)
Independence Day is almost here and it’s crunch time for making plans. To help you out, here’s a list of...