Wild Dunes Resort, a Destination Hotel in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, has officially reopened after temporarily suspending most services in July due to a dynamic rise in COVID-19 cases in the surrounding area. With enhanced precautionary measures implemented to ensure the safety of resort colleagues, guests and community members, Wild Dunes Resort began a phased reopening starting with the Links and Harbor Golf Courses on August 12.
Beginning Friday, August 14, the resort will accept stays in the Village at Wild Dunes Resort and their Vacation Rental Homes and Condos. At this time, pools at the Swim Center, Boardwalk Inn and Grand Pavilion will also reopen, in addition to Wild Dunes Tennis Center, Bike Shop and Beach Rental Services. On August 14, Beachside Burgers Café & Bar at the Grand Pavilion will also resume service with scheduled weekend live entertainment, and guests of Boardwalk Inn pool may enjoy poolside beverage service. Other resort dining options remain unavailable at this time.
“The new measures we have implemented at the resort, including cutting-edge disinfection technology such as electrostatic spraying, 48-hour unit rest periods, mandatory colleague testing and EPA-approved cleaners, are the most comprehensive among rental agencies and hotels in our area, and position Wild Dunes Resort as the leader for COVID-19 safety and prevention,” says Frank Fredericks, managing director at Wild Dunes Resort. “With these precautions, we will continue to instill the same trust and confidence that generations of families have come to expect from us. Our policies will continue to evolve to meet the changing landscape, based upon current health conditions as well as CDC and government regulations, and we ask that everyone respect the resort’s safety precautions during their stay.”
Wild Dunes Resort has committed to following the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment and the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) cleanliness standards, focusing on establishing hotel environments that are sanitary, safe and healthy. Please visit https://bit.ly/3g6YZT9 for more information and see below for Wild Dunes Resort’s additional precautionary and safety measures.
Social Distancing and Mask Requirement
- Masks are required in all public spaces at the resort and across the city of Isle of Palms. Masks are not required while eating, drinking, golfing or swimming, but CDC-recommended social distancing should be observed.
- Six feet of social distancing is required of guests and colleagues across the resort, and groups of three or more may not gather on beaches unless they are from the same household.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in many areas to ensure safe social interaction.
- Many thoroughfares have been converted for one-way passage, with clearly marked enter and exit signs. Signs will also be placed throughout the resort indicating capacity limitations, including within elevators.
- Many spaces have been carefully configured to limit gatherings. Flexibility in furniture configurations is not currently permitted.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
- Wild Dunes Resort has partnered with a third-party COVID-19 response team to develop and execute enhanced health and safety protocols, complementing comprehensive guidance from Hyatt.
- All areas of the resort are being rigorously and frequently disinfected with EPA-approved disinfectants and electrostatic sprayers.
- The resort has implemented electrostatic technology that disperses charged droplets, which actively attract to surfaces and crevices for complete coverage, killing 99.9% of bacteria, including coronaviruses, within five seconds of deployment.
- Between stays, accommodations have a standard 48-hour rest period, and resort colleagues must wear full PPE when the unit is serviced.
- Mid-stay housekeeping services have been suspended to reduce contact between guests and resort colleagues.
- Wild Dunes Resort is accepting contact-less payments only. No cash transactions— room charges, credit and debit payments only.
- Resort colleagues must undergo stringent COVID-19 training to ensure a thorough understanding of new safety protocols.
- Ongoing intermittent COVID-19 testing is required of all resort colleagues.
- Temperature checks and pre-shift wellness interviews are now required of resort colleagues each day.
- A resort hygiene team, led by a Hyatt-trained hygiene manager, has been implemented to ensure that safety protocol and training is properly executed.
- Contact-free concierge service is available 24/7 by sending requests via text message to 843.620.2162.
- To ensure optimal social distancing across the Resort, some areas and amenities are temporarily unavailable or are operating with service limitations. For specific hours, please text “HOURS” to 843.620.2162.
- Restaurants are re-opening in stages with limited services and hours.
- Resort restaurants are all Palmetto Priority Certified. This state-led program is a formal commitment made by South Carolina restaurateurs to provide a clean and safe environment for their staff and customers to demonstrate the extensive precautions that they are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19
For more information on Wild Dunes Resort, please visit www.wilddunes.com.
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
By Jeff Walker, Entertainment Writer We at Holy City Sinner thank you for your patronage and hope 2021 is an...
Gaillard Center Announces An Evening with Antoni
BCLS announces 2D Animation Workshop and Video Instruction Partnership
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
BCLS Hosts a Variety of Children’s Virtual Programs for Summer 2021
Fetter Health Care Network extends COVID-19 vaccine clinics into July
High Tide Music Festival Coming to Riverfront Park this September
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview5 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks