There is only one month remaining to see Brookgreen Gardens’ immersive outdoor light display, Bruce Munro at Brookgreen: Southern Light. Closing on September 12th, the installation is on display with enhanced COVID-19 safety procedures Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 8 pm to 11 p.m.
Bruce Munro at Brookgreen: Southern Light consists of seven works of art in light and mixed media, each designed specifically for the natural garden spaces where they are installed. Brookgreen’s exhibit is the only opportunity to see Munro’s work in the eastern United States in 2020.
The following illuminated installations consist of tens of thousands of components and are placed throughout the sculpture gardens and arboretum:
- Field of Light – Over 12,000 stems of light in softly moving colors covering the Arboretum
- Fireflies – 600 sprigs, flourishing in Oak Allée
- Time and Again – 37 stainless steel “lilies” in Pegasus Field
- Okonjima Choral Society – 2,000 ‘frogs’ singing in unison behind the garden wall at the Brenda S. Rosen Carolina Terrace
- Hive – installation composed of 1,448 bee-inspired hexagonal elements in the Bell Tower
- Reflections – 4 mesmerizing sound and light digital projections in the arcade between the Welcome Center and Keepsakes
- Water-Towers – 10 towers illuminated by fiber optics and choreographed sound in the grassy area adjacent to The Visionaries sculpture
Bruce Munro at Brookgreen: Southern Light is accompanied by the publication “Light.” This book features stunning images from many of Munro’s light-based installations and includes a beautiful collection of photographs from his exhibitions in the UK and U.S. Munro also discusses his inspiration behind Southern Light and how he brought his ideas to fruition at Brookgreen Gardens. Pick up a copy of the book at Brookgreen’s Keepsakes store and online here.
Due to COVID-19, Brookgreen Gardens has enacted safety protocols to ensure the safety of all visitors. All guests are asked to wear face masks during their visit. To enter the exhibit, guests should line up in the indicated area near the Welcome Center. Brookgreen will be staggering entry to the exhibit and asking everyone to keep six feet away from those not in their party. Several areas in the exhibit will have one-way only traffic. Guests should stay on walkways and follow the indicated directions. To walk through the exhibit a second time, return to the entry line to begin again.
To purchase tickets, click here.
Charleston Horticultural Society Announces 20th Annual Fall Garden Tour
For their landmark 20th Annual Fall Garden Tour, Charleston Horticultural Society (CHS Hort) has set its sights on the beautiful...
UPDATE: Skinful Halloween’s 2021 Event Canceled
Celebrate the Holiday Season with Festive Experiences, Family-Friendly Activities, & More at Montage Palmetto Bluff
Harvest Festival Returns to Johns Island County Park on November 6th
Rockabillaque Returns Next Month for Three-Day Event
Living Your Truth Series Returns with Mayors Steve Benjamin and Joe Riley
North Charleston PAC to Host An Evening With Chevy Chase Following a Screening of “Christmas Vacation”
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Weekend Preview12 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie