Current and projected conditions related to COVID-19 have caused Charleston County schools to move reopening day to Tuesday, September 8, the day after Labor Day.
According to the CDC: “When schools are closed, children lose access to important opportunities for physical activity. Many children may not be sufficiently physically active outside of the context of in-school physical education (PE) and other school-based activities. Beyond PE, with schools closed, children may not have sufficient opportunities to participate in organized and safe physical activity. They also lose access to other school-based physical activities, including recess, classroom engagements, and after school programs.”
Understanding that the delay in reopening schools causes challenges for Charleston students, parents, and caregivers – Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park will extend weekly summer day camp program offerings through Friday September 4th, 2020.
All Wild Blue Ropes 2020 summer day camp programs operate in accordance with CDC guidelines, and remain consistent with South Carolina law and Charleston local orders. In keeping the outdoor adventure programs safe, Wild Blue Ropes adheres to the following protocols:
- Camp participants are in smaller groups than previous years, and separated from other ropes course patrons.
- Camp activities have been restructured to incorporate proper social distancing, with no large group games or interactions with other groups occurring.
- Camp participants will be required to bring their own water bottles. No sharing of food will be permitted.
- Healthy hygiene habits, including frequent hand washing, will be encouraged.
- Temperatures of all children and staff will be taken daily, and staff members working with children will wear masks.
- Thorough hand washing and sanitation will occur multiple times daily.
- Anyone who is sick is asked to stay home.
- All equipment used will be sanitized in accordance with industry guidelines.
- Areas of use will be disinfected once camp activities are completed.
- Wild Blue Ropes facilities will be cleaned and sanitized each evening in preparation for the next day of camp.
Weekly day camp sessions have been added for both the Explorers Camp and Warrior Camp programs. These programs are filled with active time outdoors, providing incredible physical and mental health benefits to children, as well as being a lot of fun. Camp runs from 9 am to 12 pm daily, and all programs are co-ed.
Enrollment can be done online at WBR CAMPS or by calling (843)225-1555.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks