Current and projected conditions related to COVID-19 have caused Charleston County schools to move reopening day to Tuesday, September 8, the day after Labor Day.
According to the CDC: “When schools are closed, children lose access to important opportunities for physical activity. Many children may not be sufficiently physically active outside of the context of in-school physical education (PE) and other school-based activities. Beyond PE, with schools closed, children may not have sufficient opportunities to participate in organized and safe physical activity. They also lose access to other school-based physical activities, including recess, classroom engagements, and after school programs.”
Understanding that the delay in reopening schools causes challenges for Charleston students, parents, and caregivers – Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park will extend weekly summer day camp program offerings through Friday September 4th, 2020.
All Wild Blue Ropes 2020 summer day camp programs operate in accordance with CDC guidelines, and remain consistent with South Carolina law and Charleston local orders. In keeping the outdoor adventure programs safe, Wild Blue Ropes adheres to the following protocols:
- Camp participants are in smaller groups than previous years, and separated from other ropes course patrons.
- Camp activities have been restructured to incorporate proper social distancing, with no large group games or interactions with other groups occurring.
- Camp participants will be required to bring their own water bottles. No sharing of food will be permitted.
- Healthy hygiene habits, including frequent hand washing, will be encouraged.
- Temperatures of all children and staff will be taken daily, and staff members working with children will wear masks.
- Thorough hand washing and sanitation will occur multiple times daily.
- Anyone who is sick is asked to stay home.
- All equipment used will be sanitized in accordance with industry guidelines.
- Areas of use will be disinfected once camp activities are completed.
- Wild Blue Ropes facilities will be cleaned and sanitized each evening in preparation for the next day of camp.
Weekly day camp sessions have been added for both the Explorers Camp and Warrior Camp programs. These programs are filled with active time outdoors, providing incredible physical and mental health benefits to children, as well as being a lot of fun. Camp runs from 9 am to 12 pm daily, and all programs are co-ed.
Enrollment can be done online at WBR CAMPS or by calling (843)225-1555.
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...