In the continuing efforts to protect employees and citizens during the on-going pandemic, Charleston County is requiring everyone to wear a face covering while inside public county facilities effective Monday, June 29. This guidance is in line with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations as follows:
“CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission”
Employees are required to wear a face covering when entering the building, moving through common areas, or when within six feet of others.
Citizens are encouraged to continue conducting business virtually when possible and utilize our on-line service portal at: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/clickandgo.php
Friday, July 3, is a County Holiday in observance of Independence Day and the offices of Charleston County Government will be closed
- The Bees Ferry Landfill will be closed on Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 and will resume normal hours on Monday, July 6 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Staffed convenience centers will be closed on Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 and will resume normal hours on Sunday, July 5 from 1pm – 6pm.
- As a reminder, we request citizens practice safe social distancing when interacting with staff and other users of our convenience centers and landfill. These sites are for Charleston County residents only and staff may ask for identification. Commercial businesses are prohibited from using convenience centers.
Reminder- To protect the health and safety of our drivers, Charleston County Environmental Management will be collecting material contained inside your recycling cart ONLY. Do not leave material outside of your cart. Please flatten all cardboard boxes and cut them to size, if necessary. Overflow recyclable material may be dropped off at any one of Charleston County’s many dropsite locations.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks