Bumpa’s, a new bar housed in a restored 19th Century warehouse, will open its doors at 5 Cumberland Street on June 22nd. Located in the historic French Quarter, Bumpa’s will feature specialty French fries, proprietary-blend burgers, and other “elevated bar food.”
It is the first bar concept by brothers Dan and Conor Sullivan, who are paying loving tribute to their grandfather, “Bumpa.”
“We’re eager to open our doors to the community after the true labor of love we spent restoring this historic space,” Dan Sullivan said.
At the kitchen’s helm will be Executive Chef Joe Palmitessa, who has held positions at the Forbes four-star Hotel Bennett and Kiawah’s Ocean Room. Bumpa’s bar menu is highlighted by their hand-cut French fry combinations and the following items:
- The Southpaw Burger – a specially blended, pan-seared beef with pickled red onions, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- The Mayor – fried chicken breast topped with salted tomato, bead & butter pickles, and Duke’s mayo.
- Pop’s Foot Long – grilled hotdog, charred to perfection, that’s topped off however guests like it.
- Sausage and Peppers – smoky kielbasa, spicy Cajun, or country sausage with sautéed peppers and onions smothered with beer cheese.
“Our menu is inspired by the playful spirit of our family, especially our grandfather, who was a great storyteller and a not-bad boxer,” Conor Sullivan said.
Their website is now live at www.bumpas-chs.com and includes details on the full menu and cocktail list.
Bumpa’s will be open seven days a week: Sunday through Wednesday from 4 pm to 12 am and Thursday through Saturday from 4 pm to 2 am.
For those wondering, here are some of the sanitation practices that will be in place:
- Patrons will be spaced out; headcount strongly enforced
- Tables will be disinfected in between seatings (and logged)
- Staff will wear masks; employee temperatures taken before shifts
- Anti-bacterial stations placed throughout the restaurant
- Single use menus
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...