In order to determine the most secure states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 53 key metrics. The data set ranges from the state’s coronavirus support to assaults per capita and the unemployment rate.
Safety in South Carolina (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 46th – WalletHub “States Offering the Most Coronavirus Support” Score
- 45th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 44th – Assaults per Capita
- 35th – Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 34th – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 50th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 22nd – Law-Enforcement Employees per Capita
- 18th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 19th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 40th – Share of Uninsured Population
To see the full report, click here.
The Refinery Announces October Event Lineup
The Refinery today announced its lineup of events coming up in October. Located on Charleston’s upper peninsula at 1640 Meeting...