To identify which states may need the most financial help due to the coronavirus crisis, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 18 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the state’s rainy-day funds and debt per capita to the share of the workforce in highly-affected industries. Below, you can see highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A.
Financial Need in South Carolina (1=Most, 25=Avg.):
- 13th – State Rainy-Day Funds per Capita
- 17th – Unfunded Pension Liabilities as Share of GSP
- 10th – Unemployment Claims Increase Since the Beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 23rd – GDP Generated by Highly Affected Industries as Share of Total State GDP
- 13th – State Preparedness for Severe Recession
To see the full report, click here.
City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs announces “Homegoing: A Juried Exhibition”
Press Release The City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs presents Homegoing: A Juried Exhibition, on view through January 29th, 2023...