Connect with us


7 Subtle Signs Of Mold In Your Home



Not only is mold unsightly, but it can also be responsible for severe health issues for you and your family. If you have mold in your home, make sure you address it right away. The problem is not always visible and that’s why it’s crucial to be familiar with the warning signs of mold. To help catch the mold early, here are 7 subtle signs of mold in your home.

1. A History of Flooding

If there’s been flooding in your home, whether from a natural disaster or a burst pipe, there’s a huge chance that you’ve developed mold. This mold isn’t always visible, so if you have had a flood recently, it might be a good idea to seek professional help just to be sure. Mold testing is a process that professional mold treatment companies use in order to identify what kind of mold you have. It could be beneficial to find out more about this service if your house has a history of flooding. Mold testing is important because different types of mold require different treatments. Professional mold treatment companies will be able to spot the subtle signs that you can’t and will be absolutely vital if you have a serious mold problem in your home.

2. You’re Constantly Sick or Fatigued

When you are always sick for no apparent reason, and find yourself looking for a walk-in clinic in detroit, or wherever you are, more frequently than the average human, that’s often a surefire sign that you are regularly exposed to mold. Often this will include dry coughing, nasal congestion, and a sore throat. Those who are more sensitive may experience persistent flu-like symptoms. Another telltale sign is that you always feel tired. One of the most common, yet overlooked signs of mold toxicity, is fatigue and weakness. Because of mold exposure, you might experience inflammation in your joints and muscles, dull aches, and pains or will feel the urge to rest constantly. This drowsiness occurs as your body tries to fight off toxins.

3. Your Eyes are Always Irritated

When there is constant and repeated exposure to black mold, you might suffer from conjunctivitis. If you’ve noticed that your eyes are often red, irritated or watery, you might want to check on whether you have a mold problem at home. Your eyes become irritated because mold releases its spores into the air in order to spread, and when these spores come into contact with your eyes, they cause many eye problems.

4. You Have Trouble Concentrating

In severe cases, exposure to black mold can affect cognitive function. If there is a hidden black mold problem, you’ll notice that it’s hard for you to focus or that you’re often disoriented. In some cases, you might find that you have difficulty remembering even simple things. There are many other health issues which can cause trouble concentrating but if you notice this problem along with some of the other telltale signs, then it could be an indicator of the presence of mold.

5. You Have Trouble Breathing and Digesting

Mold toxicity has severe effects on the respiratory system that can have serious short term and long term consequences. Those exposed to mold might find that they often have trouble breathing. If you have asthma, you might observe that you’re getting attacks more often if there is unseen mold lurking somewhere in your home. Mold exposure can also affect your digestion, especially if you unwittingly consume it. Among the most common signs of mold toxicity in your home are vomiting and nausea. In some cases, you’ll suffer from diarrhea as a way for your body to flush out ingested toxins.

6. You See Dark Spots On Your Walls and Ceilings

Dark spots in your walls and ceilings are sure signs of mold. Depending on the surface you might be able to get away with wiping it away or treating the area with mold-killing products. However, for wood or bare drywall, you’ll need to replace the surfaces completely.

7. You Notice a Musty Smell and Excess Condensation

In many cases, you’ll be able to determine the presence of mold through smell. Many people liken the scent of mold to damp rags or wet socks. That musty smell isn’t what mold smells like, rather it is an indicator of dampness which is a common cause for mold growth. Likewise, when you often observe condensation on your windows despite the weather and temperature, that’s a good indicator of excess humidity in your home. Excess humidity is a huge factor in promoting the growth of mold.

Mold can cause so many serious problems that it is vital that you act swiftly to eradicate it and this means identifying it as early as possible. If you experience any of these telltale signs of mold, it is advisable to engage the services of a professional to come and check your home, otherwise, you risk developing chronic illness or damage to your property.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Follow Us

Subscribe to HCS




HCS Sponsors



CHS Tour


Holy City Sinner