To identify the states in which businesses are hit hardest by COVID-19, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 12 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the share of small businesses operating in highly affected industries to small-business credit conditions and the state’s small-business friendliness. Below, you can see highlights from WalletHub’s report and a Q&A with WalletHub analysts.
COVID-19 Impact on Small Business in South Carolina (1=Most Affected, 25=Avg.):
- 13th – Share of Small Businesses Operating in High-Risk Industries
- 12th – Share of Small-Business Employees Operating in High-Risk Industries Among Total Small-Business Employees
- 8th – Share of Consumer Expenditures Related to High-Risk Industries
- 23rd – Share of Businesses with E-commerce Sales Activity
- 17th – Business Vitality
- 24th – Average Annual Federal Small-Business Funding per GDP
- 6th – Small-Business Credit Conditions
- 24th – Total Amount of Small-Business Loans per Small-Business Employee
To see the full report, click here.
Annual MOJA Arts Festival Continues Through October 9th
The annual MOJA Arts Festival, a celebration of African-American and Caribbean culture, continues this week with a variety of free...