Charleston County Parks invites the community (and their furry friends) to come out for Pet Fest, a day of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, contests, adoptable pets, and more on Saturday, March 21st at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park. The event runs from 11 am to 4 pm.
Pet Fest brings animal lovers, organizations, and businesses together for an opportunity to showcase their causes, products, and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. This event is for everyone, so even those who don’t have a pet are still welcome to attend. Plus, Pet Fest is the perfect place to adopt a furry family member!
Visit the Charleston Animal Society (CAS) or any of the other rescue groups on site to find your new best friend. Pet Fest attendees who adopt a pet from the Charleston Animal Society at the event will receive an Individual Park Pass (value $30) to select county parks.
Pet Fest Entertainment and Contests Schedule
- 11:30 am: Dog parade
- 12 pm to 4 pm: Live music from Chris Dodson Duo
- 12:30 pm: Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner-Pet Look Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Costume
- 2 pm: Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show
- 3 pm: Pet Contests (same as above)
Plus more to see and do at Pet Fest 2020:
- Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation (a portion of the proceeds go to Charleston Animal Society)
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine Cover Model Contest
- Meet with veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers to learn more about nutrition, education and training
- Take the Canine Good Citizens Test: see if your dog is ready for certification
- Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
- Food, beverages and beer for sale, plus an off-leash beer garden
Admission to Pet Fest is $8 per person. Receive discounted admission of $5 per person with pet food or supply donation at the gate. Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders, and pets are free. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event, except at the off-leash beer garden. Carpooling is encouraged. In case of inclement weather, Pet Fest will be rescheduled for Sunday, March 22nd.
Charleston County Parks encourages all dog owners to review our suggestions for pet etiquette, or “petiquette,” before bringing their dog to an event or dog park. Visit ccprc.com/petiquette for details.
For more information call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/PetFest.
Gaillard Center Announces Second Theo Von Show
Comedian and podcast host Theo Von has added a second show at the Gaillard Center on Saturday, October 23, 2021...
Gaillard Center Announces “Million Dollar Quartet”
Heather McMahan to Perform at the Gaillard Center
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events7 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview6 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Uncategorized3 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players