The Volvo Car Open, the largest women’s-only tennis tournament in North America, will celebrate 20 years in Charleston in 2020 with elevated experiences, exciting activities and new initiatives. The highly anticipated event will take place April 4th to 12th on Daniel Island.
The 2020 tournament will feature the best in women’s professional tennis, bringing more than 100 of the top players in the world to the Lowcountry. The tournament is also celebrating its 20th year in Charleston with special events and unique activations for attendees – on and off the tennis court.
- Jennifer Nettles Concert: GRAMMY award winning artist Jennifer Nettles will perform at the Volvo Car Open on Saturday, April 11. The intimate concert will take place on Althea Gibson Club Court. Tickets start at $50 and will go on sale on January 24th at 10 am.
- Tournament Ambassador Tracy Austin: The Volvo Car Open has named past champion, Grand Slam winner, Tennis Hall of Fame member and Tennis Channel commentator, Tracy Austin as its very first tournament ambassador. She will host “Tennis Talk with Tracy” daily from the tournament grounds, as well as several other special events.
- Family Weekend: The Volvo Car Open’s qualifying rounds will kick off on April 4 and 5 with Family Weekend. The weekend itinerary is filled with family fun, including rides from the state fair, sand sculptures, an art activation court and more. Adults are $10 and kids are free.
- Easter Sunday Brunch: The Volvo Car Open will host a special Easter Sunday Brunch prior to its finals on Sunday, April 12th. A special musical guest will be announced soon. Tickets are $100 and include food, drinks and a ticket to the finals.
- Good Morning Charleston Yoga Event: Fans looking to elevate their finals weekend experience are invited to join Sarah Frick of The Works for Good Morning Charleston on Saturday, April 11th. This special yoga event is designed to guide you through a soulful fitness experience that is a blend of powerful vinyasa yoga, meditation, breath work, plyometrics, core, and strength work. Tickets are $55 and include healthy refreshments and a ticket to the semifinal matches.
- Website: The Volvo Car Open launched a new website in 2020 to enhance fan engagement and help bring the event to life. The new and improved website will allow attendees to receive real-time updates from the court, search event schedules and learn more information about their favorite players.
- Electronic Line Calling: In partnership with FOXTENN and the WTA, the 2020 Volvo Car Open will be the first women’s clay event to install electronic line calling. The FOXXTENN system uses 40 high-speed cameras, which are capable of generating more than 100,000 images per second. Electronic Line Calling will be available on both Billie Jean King Stadium Court and Althea Gibson Club Court.
- Sustainability: The Volvo Car Open has prioritized sustainability as part of its 2020 initiatives and has adopted new processes for waste, recycling, transportation, food and more.
The nine-day Volvo Car Open is the largest women’s-only tennis tournament in North America. The event attracts an average of 90,000 attendees and more than 100 of the top singles and doubles tennis players to Charleston every year. The tournament relocated to Charleston from Hilton Head Island, where it was held from 1973 – 2000.
Patrons have the option to choose from individual tickets, ticket packages and travel packages. Ticket prices range from $25 for an individual session to $540 for an all-inclusive weeklong package with complimentary access into a private hospitality suite. The Volvo Car Open also offers packages that include premium seats, ticket savings and membership into the tournament’s Ace Club. For more information on the tournament and ticket options, visit volvocaropen.com or call 843.856.7900.
Valentine’s Day 2023 Menus, Events, Discounts, and Specials
Looking for some sweet plans for Valentine’s Day? Look below for a list of events, special menus, and more being...