Brookgreen Gardens this week announced that tickets are now on sale for Bruce Munro at Brookgreen: Southern Light, a major exhibition coming to the garden in Spring 2020. The exhibition will consist of seven works of art in light and mixed media, each designed specifically for the natural garden spaces where they will be installed. Brookgreen’s exhibit will be the only opportunity to see Munro’s work in the eastern United States in 2020.
The following illuminated installations will consist of tens of thousands of components, which will be placed throughout the sculpture gardens and arboretum:
- Field of Light – 11,700 stems of light in softly moving colors covering the Arboretum
- Fireflies – 600 sprigs, flourishing in Oak Allée
- Time and Again – 37 stainless steel “lilies” in Pegasus Field
- Okonjima Choral Society – 2,000 ‘frogs’ singing in unison behind the garden wall at the Brenda S. Rosen Carolina Terrace
- Hive – installation composed of 1,448 bee-inspired hexagonal elements in the Bell Tower
- Reflections – 4 mesmerizing sound and light digital projections in the arcade between the Welcome Center and Keepsakes
- Water-Towers – 10 towers illuminated by fiber optics and choreographed sound in the grassy area adjacent to The Visionaries sculpture
The exhibition can be seen from April 8th through September 12th on Wednesdays to Saturdays from 7 pm to 10 pm. To purchase tickets, click here.
Brookgreen Gardens is located at 1931 Brookgreen Drive in Murrells Inlet.
For more information about this event, click here.
Nighttime at the Museum Returns to The Charleston Museum
The Charleston Museum is bringing back the popular after-hours event Nighttime at the Museum. On Friday, June 3rd, attendees of...