To determine where Americans are most susceptible to such crimes, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 15 key metrics. The data set ranges from identity-theft complaints per capita to average loss amount due to fraud.
South Carolina’s Vulnerability to Identity Theft & Fraud (1=Most Vulnerable; 25=Avg.)
- 11th – Identity-Theft Complaints per Capita
- 17th – Avg. Loss Amount Due to Online Identity Theft
- 10th – Fraud & Other Complaints per Capita
- 18th – State Security-Freeze Laws for Minors’ Credit Reports
- 1st – Identity-Theft Passport Program
- 5th – Persons Arrested for Fraud per Capita
- 5th – Compliance with REAL ID Act
To see the full report, click here.
Memorial SUNday Beachfront Block Party Being Held on Folly Beach this Weekend
Folly Beach’s Pier 101 and BLU Beach Bar & Grill are partnering to host a Memorial Day Weekend block party...