In order to help educators find the best opportunities and teaching environments in the U.S., WalletHub analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 23 key metrics, ranging from teachers’ income growth potential to pupil-teacher ratio to teacher safety.
Teacher-Friendliness of South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 42nd – Avg. Starting Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 36th – Avg. Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 39th – Quality of School System
- 28th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 25th – Public-School Spending per Student
- 18th – Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
- 28th – Projected Competition in Year 2026
- 42nd – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
- 42nd – Teacher Safety
To see the full report, click here.
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...