Charleston County Government has announced its reentry plan following the lifting of Governor Henry McMaster’s evacuation order for Hurricane Dorian. Residents may to return to Charleston County. Citizens are asked to be patient as they return since there may still be water on roadways, power outages and debris.
The County moved to OPCON 2 at noon and is scaling back staffing at the Emergency Operations Center. Charleston County has begun bus transportation to transport citizens who were in the shelters back to their pick-up points.
Citizens are encouraged to report damage using the Charleston County Damage Assessment website: https://www.crisistrack.com/public/charlestonSC/citizenRequest.html
Additional county information:
- All Charleston County Government offices and the downtown Judicial Center will resume normal operations Monday, Sept. 9.
- Charleston County Public Library branches will open on Monday, Sept. 9.
- The Bees Ferry Landfill will open tomorrow, Saturday Sept. 6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Charleston County Convenience Centers will remain closed until further notice due to power outages.
- Curbside recycling will resume Monday, Sept. 9 on a normal schedule. If your recycling was missed this week, it will be picked up on your NEXT normally scheduled day.
Citizens can find debris removal guidelines here: https://charlestoncounty.org/debrisremoval.pdf
The Charleston County Parking Garages located at 85 Queen and 90 Cumberland Street will resume normal operations on Sunday, September 8th. If you do not want to be charged for parking, please remove your vehicle by Saturday, Sept. 7 at 6:00 p.m.
The Citizen’s Information Line remains staffed until 8 p.m. today, and will be open from 8 am until 5 pm Saturday, Sept. 7.
Citizen Info Line: (843) 746 – 3900
TTY (843) 746 – 3911
Spanish / Español: (843) 746 – 3909
Definition of OPCON levels: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/opcon.php
Beagle-mania Sweeps Charleston! Pet Helpers Announces Adoption Event For Rescued Dogs
Pet Helpers will be hosting an adoption event on Saturday, August 20, 2022 for the 18 beagles transferred to its...