To help Americans plan for a comfortable retirement without breaking the bank, WalletHub compared more than 180 U.S. cities across 46 key measures of affordability, quality of life, health care and availability of recreational activities. The data set ranges from cost of living to retired taxpayer-friendliness to share of the population aged 65 and older.
Retirement-Friendliness of Charleston (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 96th – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 77th – Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 26th – % of Employed Population Aged 65 & Older
- 22nd – Adult Volunteer Activities per Capita
- 46th – % of 65 & Older Population
- 39th – ‘Mild Weather’ Ranking
To see the full report, click here.
The Midnight City to Play Back-to-Back Nights at The Windjammer
The Midnight City, the popular local Indie Alternative/Pop band, will be performing on back-to-back nights at The Windjammer later this...